D16048: Resize the preferences dialogue to avoid horizontal scrolling

Tim __ noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 9 16:38:09 BST 2018

kadabash added a comment.

  You are right, of course. Magic constants are bad.

  I could not, however, find a way to obtain the side bar width in order to calculate the correct sizeHint of the dialogue.
  The only way I could get it to work is by modifying the `KConfigDialog::KConfigDialogPrivate::addPageInternal()` function in the KConfigWidgets library.

  Would such a change even be considered to solve this minor issue?

  In Dolphin, the solution also seems to have been a magic constant (see the relevant line in dolphinsettingsdialog.cpp <https://github.com/KDE/dolphin/blob/c69ecab9b70b988d9ee50f4e5480bf121fcc3057/src/settings/dolphinsettingsdialog.cpp#L44>).