Brainstorm idea - OCR integration

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 22:41:10 BST 2018

Hi :)

El dissabte, 22 de setembre de 2018, a les 18:20:31 CEST, Lord Itzcuauhtli va escriure:
> Well, the idea is this: integrate a OCR service in Okular, based in a KDE
> motor engine, or maybe in a external service, like Teserreact or Abbyy
> finereader.
>
> Probably this idea extend in other services, like Calligra Office suite or
> Gwenview
>
> And well... thi is all idea xD I hope like you :D

Thanks for your idea :)

Personally i think this probably makes more sense as separate application, so it doesn't need integration with gwenview or other apps, you just start the ocr app and do the ocr-ing in it.

Isn't that simpler than having to do it from okular itself?