D13203: Add Typewriter annotation tool in Okular

Tobias Deiminger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 30 17:06:03 UTC 2018

tobiasdeiminger added a comment.

  In D13203#270910 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13203#270910>, @dileepsankhla wrote:

  > In ui/pagepainter.cpp L 668, we can comment out `acolor.setAlpha( opacity )` as here the value of opacity is 255 but changing the L 659 or 668 should be consistent in the case of other annotations too. Is commenting out L 668 accepted?

  Hm, if you just comment L.668, how would you control transparency of ordinary inline notes and popup notes? Preferably without changing the look of existing annotations created in earlier Okular versions?

  Let's reconsider. We have two transparency parameters for each annotation:

  - Alpha channel of QColor Style::color
  - double Style::opacity

  Sadly it seems like PagePainter and Poppler currently have different interpretations of those two values:

  - Poppler: Use alpha channel of Style::color to control transparency of background color. Use Style::opacity to control transparency of the whole appearance=border+background+font.
  - PagePainter: Ignore alpha channel of Style::color. Use Style::opacity to control transparency of background color. No way to control transparency of the whole appearance=border+background+font.

  This is a inconsistent. I think we could either fix this inconsistency in Poppler or PagePainter (more effort), or hardcode some kind of

    if ( inplaceIntent == Okular::TextAnnotation::InplaceIntent ) acolor.setAlpha(0);

  in PagePainter.

  Any other ideas?