Queries regarding adding a new 'typewriter' annotation tool to the toolbar

Tobias Deiminger haxtibal at posteo.de
Sat May 19 17:04:19 UTC 2018

Hi Dileep,

here's a short follow up, because there was a small mistake in my former
email and I forgot to answer "when it (okularpartrc) is being created".

> Am 18.05.2018 17:04 schrieb Dileep Sankhla:
>> content similar to tools.xml. I need to know when it is being created
>> and read by okular and how do I append typewriter tool entry in it for
>> every system installing okular? I have no idea.

okularpartrc should be created or updated whenever KConfig::sync [0]
gets called. Use the same debugging method as in the former email, and
add a breakpoint for the sync method:
(gdb) b KConfig::sync if this=<this-pointer of KSharedConfig object
responsible for okularpartrc>

You should find this happening e.g. during application startup, and when
a user alters the toolbar in some way.

Then sorry, there was a mistake:

> $ gdb okular
>
> (gdb) set breakpoint pending on
> (gdb) break Okular::Settings::Settings
>
> ~/.config/okularpartrc. So break only in this condition.
>
> (gdb) break Okular::Settings::instance
> command 1
>   tb KSharedConfig::KSharedConfig
> end

The command shall apply to Okular::Settings::instance which is
breakpoint nr. 2 in the example. So it must be "command 2" instead of
"command 1".

Cheers
Tobias