D7662: Draw a dark rectangle around highlighted search results

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 18 15:26:10 UTC 2018

aacid accepted this revision.
aacid added a comment.

  That is a fix, not the ideal fix, now that i've had time to look at the problem, the problem is.

  Basically that we're writting in the "buffered" area of the painter, which means we reuse it from paint to paint unless something big has happened, since we reuse it from paint to paint and if we're intersecting with limits it means that when a highlight it is cut by border "of the screen" we'll only paint part of the highlight, which means that when we scroll to show all the higlight we only paint the "new" area of the highlight, reusing the old one, that was fine before since it's just a colored rectangle, but now that it has borders it means that the old border that was "in the middle" of the highlight is kept.

  Ideally one would move the border painting to the non buffered area (i.e. the area that is not reused from paint to paint), but that'd be quite a lot of job so what i've made is partially use the suggestion from @simgunz but only applied to the hightlight rects.

  I'll commit in a minute