Queries regarding terminologies used in Okular PDF annotation rendering

Dileep Sankhla sankhla.dileep96 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:30:27 UTC 2018

Hi there,

Please try to answer my following queries:

1. What is "viewport"?

2. What is "pageview"?

3. How does PDF save an annotation in the document?

4. What is "generator" and how does generator render the annotation in PDF
page? What is the meaning of "rendering" here?

5. Now how does poppler render the annotation on the PDF page? Is it same
as the working of the Okular generator?

6. What does "painting" actually mean? And so what does
"PageView::paintevent" do?

I have a messed up knowledge of these subjects and I want a clarity in my
mind so that I can understand my work and can continue to develop.

Thanks and Regards
Dileep

‌