D10865: [1/5] Access readOnly state of FormWidgets dynamically

Andre Heinecke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 14 08:42:11 UTC 2018

aheinecke added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in formwidgets.cpp:310
> sure, if allowfillforms is false, we will call setCanBeFilled with false and it will be setEnabled to false.
>
> What I am asking is why do we need to call isReadOnly here. As far as i understand if the field is readonly, it won't be shown, so the enabled status of it doesn't matter, no?

Oh, Sorry. I misunderstood your first comment and thought you questioned the need for the allowFillForms in general.

As for the read only check according to git blame this check was added ( 8e70c16f <https://phabricator.kde.org/R223:8e70c16f12c83778ec5ad08cdc6ac563be3b5f35> ) at a time where readOnly fields were visible but disabled and now that they are invisible it should indeed no longer be needed.

I tried to think of a way how a readOnly field could / should be visible but disabled and also can't think of a way. I'll remove the check.