[GSoC]

Dileep Sankhla sankhla.dileep96 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 20:24:06 UTC 2018

Hello,

My name is Dileep Sankhla (IRC: robstat7) and I am eager to contribute to
Okular this year in GSoC. I am well versed in C++ and have been programming
in it for the past four years while using Qt for development for the past
three months. In addition to it, I have been contributing to the Okular
codebase and have submitted 3 patches in till date in which two of them got
merged.

I went through the GSoC project ideas list and I am excited to see five
project ideas in Okular. The annotation bugs and feature requests interest
me the most whereas as I tried to perceive, adding the feature to verify
the signature of pdf files is somewhat different among all of them.

I have a few questions wandering in my mind. Hope to get them please here.

1. What is important to Okular this summer; adding a completely new
category of annotations called FreeText (or TypeWriter) or improving the
existing stamp annotations' handling or showing and adding the replies to
the sticky notes?
Actually, all three annotation projects interest me and I think I meet the
requirements.

2. Will adding the support for verifying the signatures in pdf files bring
something totally different to Okular in comparison to all the annotation
support as this capability have never been seen in Okular although the
poppler support it?
Again it is quite interesting and I meet the requirements.

I am selective regarding choosing the right project for me because if my
proposal gets selected, I want to see myself working on a project that will
actually matter Okular the most.

Thanks and Regards,
Dileep Sankhla

‌