D11075: Make Okular show the list of opened windows in the Dock menu

Sergio Bragin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 6 18:32:22 UTC 2018

sbragin added a comment.

  In D11075#219937 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11075#219937>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > I'm not sure if all Mac applications always show the open documents under their Dock tile (that menu can be used for anything, of course),

  Not all of them (shall I reword the commit message?). Actually, I do not know, whether there is an API that allows to force Mac OS to create such list in the Dock menu, but if an app implements "Window" menu (systemMenu="window" in the menu xib file), then this list is generated automatically. Do you happen to know whether it would be possible to do from Qt?

  > and I also think that it would be more useful to have a Windows menu like (most) native Mac apps have.

  Shall I consider this as a feature request? I personally do not use it.

  > Should the list be sorted btw (read: is that what Mac apps do)?

  They are sorted for Cocoa apps. And I do not see an easy way to have them in the last-opened/last-used order. Widgets are stored in a set inside QApplication, so, it is good to have some sorting.

BRANCH
  master