D10974: PDF: Make the "fit-to-page" print option configurable

Michael Weghorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 2 16:56:03 UTC 2018

michaelweghorn added a comment.

  In general, this option is not only relevant for the PDF generator, but (as Albert mentioned on the bug report) for all generators that use FilePrinter.
  This change currently only addresses the PDF case.

  I have created a separate class `PrintScalingOptionWidget` that could in general be used by other generators as well, if it were put to a more appropriate place (e.g. an own source file, but I have no idea what would be the right place).
  Otherwise, the functionality should probably just be moved to the `PDFOptionsPage` class (which would however result in code duplication when you want to add it for other generators as well).
  I'd be happy about direction on what is best here.

  In addition, the alignment of the checkboxes in the "PDF options" tab is currently non-optimal. The checkbox from the nested `PrintScalingOptionWidget` is a little bit more on the right. I guess that can probably be fixed by setting some option in one of the widgets, but I couldn't figure that out quickly  ignored it for this first revision.