D13172: Add AFNumber_Format and l10n AFSimple_Calculate

Andre Heinecke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 18 13:36:34 UTC 2018

aheinecke added a comment.

  There is a side effect here that AF_SimpleCalculate now returns a localized number which will have group Seperators according to the system locale. See my inline comment about this.

INLINE COMMENTS

> calculatetexttest.cpp:89
>      QCOMPARE (fields[QStringLiteral ("AVG")]->text(), QStringLiteral( "20" ));
> -    QCOMPARE (fields[QStringLiteral ("Prod")]->text(), QStringLiteral( "6000" ));
> +    QCOMPARE (fields[QStringLiteral ("Prod")]->text(), QStringLiteral( "6,000" ));
>      QCOMPARE (fields[QStringLiteral ("Min")]->text(), QStringLiteral( "10" ));

Should just the calculate localize the number?

Acrobat does not do this. In Acrobat the result here is "6000".

But I think that for a KDE / Qt Application it is the correct behavior. As the number format can be set by the user through System Settings and we should respect that here when we convert a number to a string.

It is likely IMO that this is not a real world problem anyway as most forms with calculated values will have explicit number format functions.