D10974: Add option to ignore print margins

Arthur Peters noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 6 18:41:42 UTC 2018

arthurpeters added a comment.

  In D10974#268367 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10974#268367>, @ltoscano wrote:

  > Maybe it's not going to help, but how do other printing interfaces (free - Gtk+, libreoffice, mozilla,...or not - windows, macOS) deal with this? A bit of consistency (if it exists) *may* help (even if not 100% precise).

  This feature is important to me (and is in fact why I'm still using evince even on KDE). So here are some screen shots of how this is handled in applications I have on hand. There doesn't appear to be much consistence. However, I think the Gnome version (3 options in a drop down) is pretty clear. I think anyone who cares about this will know what the "printable area" is and no one else will need to see this option.

  Gnome (Evince):
  F5894175: Gnome-Print-Scaling-Page.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5894175>

  Firefox:
  F5894176: Firefox-on-KDE-Print-Scaling-Page.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5894176>

  These shots were taken under KDE, but I don't think that will affect anything other than themeing.