D13203: Add Typewriter annotation tool in Okular

Tobias Deiminger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 18 21:36:59 BST 2018

tobiasdeiminger added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dileepsankhla wrote in annots.cpp:182
> I have added the following lines in generator/poppler/CMakeLists.txt:
>
>   check_cxx_source_compiles("
>   #include <poppler-qt5.h>
>   #include <QColor>
>   int main()
>   {
>       Poppler::TextAnnotation *annot = new Poppler::TextAnnotation( Poppler::TextAnnotation::InPlace );
>       annot->setTextColor(Qt::blue);
>       return 0;
>   }
>   " HAVE_POPPLER_0_67)
>
> The typewriter text is created with the desired color but whenever I move the annotation, the text color falls back to "black". It means in ```PopplerAnnotationProxy::notifyModification```,  ```ppl_txtann->setTextColor( okl_txtann->textColor() );``` is never get called. Why is this happening even after setting the flag in both CMakeLists.txt and annots.cpp?

Hm, for me it works. By reading your comment I suppose you missed to add

  /* Defined if we have the 0.67 version of the Poppler library */
  #cmakedefine HAVE_POPPLER_0_67 1

to config-okular-poppler.h.cmake, is it?

From cmake hellp <https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.2/command/configure_file.html?highlight=cmakedefine>:

  #cmakedefine VAR ... will be replaced with either:
  #define VAR ...
  or:
  /* #undef VAR */
  depending on whether VAR is set in CMake to any value not considered a false constant by the if() command