D7949: Allow to print pdf doc directly into a QPrinter

Oliver Sander noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 2 06:39:27 BST 2018

sander added a comment.

  I just uploaded a new version of the diff that fixes all remaining issues. Also, I implemented type 3 support in the Arthur backend, and it is already in poppler 0.64. That was the last blocker that prevented me from being able to use the Arthur backend in my daily work.

  At this point, I am unlikely to fix further Arthur bugs just for the fun of it. This raises the questions about the future of this diff. I see basically three options:

  - If there is agreement that QPrinter printing is desirable then the patch should be pushed, possibly after further improvements.
  - If there is no such agreement we may as well close this diff now. Arthur will not improve further unless there is a real need.
  - As a compromise, I could modify the diff to be 'windows only'. I would need a bit of help with testing, though.

  Opinions?