D9857: Smooth Scrolling

Ronald Macmaster noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 13 14:37:34 UTC 2018

rmacmaster created this revision.
rmacmaster added a reviewer: okular-devel.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Okular.
Restricted Application added a project: Okular.
rmacmaster requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I'm one of those guys that likes smooth scrolling on his PDF viewers.
  I added two new settings: ScrollStep and SmoothScrolling.

  ScrollStep changes the vertical scroll bar's scroll / step in pixels.
  SmoothScrolling enables the smooth scrolling feature (disabled by default).

TEST PLAN
  A better implementation might include changing the PageView to inherit the QAbstractItemView such that the built-in QT smooth scrolling could be used.
  I'm not sure if this smooth scrolling would be better or worse.

  The problem with the current implementation is that it sometimes continues scrolling even after the up/down key has been lifted.
  This could be fixed with a timer similar to the DragScroll implementation.

  For the moment, it's a basic smooth scrolling feature that works well when configured reasonably.

AFFECTED FILES
  conf/dlggeneralbase.ui
  conf/okular.kcfg
  ui/pageview.cpp