D10808: Implement the generation of a custom Info.plist for the Mac OS bundle

Sergio Bragin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 25 11:57:00 UTC 2018

sbragin added a comment.

  In D10808#213518 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10808#213518>, @ltoscano wrote:

  > I think that this was already discussed, but would it make sense to have a function in extra-cmake-modules which generates the plist file based on some parameters (known from somewhere else or passed explicitly) instead of hand-writing that file?

  For me it makes sense for properties that are more or less frequently changing, like the version, or the year of the copyright. And CMake itself supports this. Other properties can be hardcoded, in my opinion, unless you are going to start changing the name of the application once per month or something.