D10932: [Okular] Option to reset forms

Andre Heinecke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 26 14:13:21 UTC 2018

aheinecke added a comment.

  Reset-Form Actions are specified in Adobe's PDF Reference as:

  > A reset-form action resets selected interactive form fields to their default values;
  >  that is, it sets the value of the V entry in the field dictionary to that of the DV entry
  >  (see Table 8.69 on page 675). If no default value is defined for a field, its V entry is
  >  removed. For fields that can have no value (such as pushbuttons), the action has
  >  no effect.

  It can further be specified in that action which fields to reset.

  IMO a reset should be implemented in Popper by adding a "reset" function to fields, which takes the default value into account. This could then save us from having to propagate the default value through the layers.

  This does not appear to necessarily be undoable (Foxit does not appear to have it undoable either).

  My plan for this would be to implement the Reset Form FormAction. Then create a "Fixed" QAction which uses a virtual FormAction that would affect all fields.

  The behavior could be tested against the reset action of a button and mimic the behavior of Acrobat Reader.