D11609: Add support for chained / next actions

Andre Heinecke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 25 12:57:49 UTC 2018

aheinecke added a comment.

  In D11609#253518 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11609#253518>, @sander wrote:

  > > I've tried to create a test document with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC but ended up
  > >  frustrated and unable to create Movie or Rendition Actions (except for the Page Open Action).
  >
  > Would using LaTeX and the 'multimedia' package help here?

  Googling around it at least brought me to http://pages.uoregon.edu/noeckel/PDFmovie.html This page at least describes some formats and with an example document with which I was able to create rendition actions. And even trigger the debug output I added here.
  But I was unable to get the rendition action to work (even without having it as a chained action) in Okular. The page open play works fine.

  Here is my try:
  F5822001: movie-edit.pdf <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5822001>

  > I know it create Movie _annotations_ . Is that the same as movie _actions_?

  No. From the PDF reference on movie actions:

  > The contents of a movie action dictionary are identical to those of a movie activa-
  >  tion dictionary (see Table 9.31 on page 785), with the additional entries shown in
  >  Table 8.59. The contents of the activation dictionary associated with the movie
  >  annotation provide the default values. Any information specified in the movie ac-
  >  tion dictionary overrides these values.

  So there is a difference.

  To be honest, I think that Movie actions and Renditon actions are deprecated, don't fully work and are exotic.
  The most common usecase appears to be to have the Annotations on page open etc, which works.
  So I think we can, with good conscience, skip the support for them in this new feature here.