D11609: Add support for chained / next actions

Andre Heinecke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 25 08:27:16 UTC 2018

aheinecke added a comment.

  Right, I overlooked this a bit and assumed that the references were resolved on demand.
  But I think we could also say that we should resolve the MediaLinkReferences of the next actions, too.

  Looking at this more I see the problem that if we have a movie action
  as a next action it would be executed but the media links won't be resolved.
  I'm not really sure if this would be bad (crash) or if the second action just won't work.

  I've tried to create a test document with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC  but ended up
  frustrated and unable to create Movie or Rendition Actions (except for the Page Open Action).
  I was unable to add Media that was compatible with the "Play Media (Acrobat 5 compatible)" and
  "Play Media (Acrobat 6 compatible)" actions, which I expect to be
  Movie / Rendition actions.

  The only thing I could do with added Movies was to create "RichMediaExecute" actions,
  which are (as far as i can tell) not supported by poppler. So it looks to me that Movie / Rendition actions
  are somewhat deprecated by Adobe Acrobat.

  As we don't have a testcase I think its probably better to just leave it unsupported. I'll update the patch accordingly.