D7671: Fix automatic reload of files saved with QSaveFile

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 10 19:16:49 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  For completeness, for a file watch on "x" (not sure whether you may have confused file and dir watches as well as file and dir Okular code pathes in your reply), we get:

  - `touch x` (no x yet) → "created" signal
  - `touch x` (again) → "dirty" signal
  - `touch ../y && mv ../y x` → "deleted" signal and "created" signal
  - `rm x` → "deleted" signal

  To me this seems logical and consistent, only the documentation regarding "move" is lacking. Of course we could argue that `touch` (no x yet), `mv` and `rm` should also send an additional "dirty" signal. Above I said "it should not", because it breaks backwards compatibility with existing KDirWatch users (they get signals they may have wanted to avoid, or they have a separate code path for "create") and there are already more specialized signals. In addition, only adding to the documentation is less risky than invasive changes to KDirWatch's internals (it has to work for all backends and on all platforms, after all).