D8385: Set the columns in "Overview" mode to match the amount of pages if document is small

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 21 20:48:28 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8385#157981, @lexdem wrote:

  > P.P.S Could anyone link me to documentation of whole phabricator-distro process? I mean, which stages should pass the patch to be included in next update of Arch\Ubuntu?

  I'm not aware of any documentation for this process specifically from KDE, but in general distros pick up new code once in a while from the releases we do:

  - As Arch is a rolling release distro, they pick up new releases pretty fast after our release date and almost never skip releases.
  - On non-rolling distros like Ubuntu, there is a feature freeze some time before their release date, which will determine the version of our code they ship for the entire lifetime of their distro release (except for occasional cherry-picked fixes). For example, if your patch makes it into KDE Applications 17.12 <https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/17.12_Release_Schedule>, it will probably be available in (K)Ubuntu's 18.04 LTS release (but don't quote me on that).

  From the Phabricator side of of things, it goes like this:

  - submit diff for review
  - work with your reviewers until it is accepted
  - commit it to the git repo (we can help with that if you don't have commit access)
    - to the stable branch if it is a bug fix (next release: 17.08.3)
    - to the master branch if it is a new feature (next release: 17.12)
  - make sure it does not break on the CI <https://build.kde.org>

  After this, it gets some testing and is eventually released by the release team in the form of tarballs and git tags to be picked up from distros.

  Any more questions?

  @ngraham #onboarding #pre-developer-access-FAQ :-)