D6696: Elide cut off text in sidebar header, remove restricted max width

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 19 03:18:42 UTC 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  *raises hand* I care about Okular!

  I actually have to agree with Albert here, and I have what I believe to be a good reason for not allowing the thumbnail bar to be wider than the main view.

  In the screenshot Albert provided, it wasn't clear to me that the thumbnail bar was hugely wide. I actually thought that he had somehow moved the thumbnail bar to the right side and what was in the middle was the main content view.

  Any novice user who accidentally resizes the thumbnail bar in such a manner would be similarly confused by the different interaction patterns, and it would probably never occur to them to try resizing it th resolve the issue. I can imagine my mother doing this--she actually does this sort of thing all the time, and it always results in a phone call to me.

  I do like the idea of eliding the header text at small widths, though. That seems like a good change