D7949: Allow to print pdf doc directly into a QPrinter

Michael Weghorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 17 16:39:36 UTC 2017

michaelweghorn added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7949#154764, @sander wrote:

  > > Background: [...] and we plan to have some features implemented in the print dialog (for Qt/Okular).
  >
  > Can I learn more about this somewhere?

  Sorry for the late reply. We are working on a client release based on (K)Ubuntu 18.04. With our current client being based on (K)Ubuntu 14.04, this also includes the transition from KDE 4 to KDE 5 and Qt 4 to Qt 5, respectively.
  While we currently have some custom patches for Qt 4 and the old Okular version, the plan is to get as many of the features as possible implemented upstream, if reasonably possible, in particular:

  - printer-specific options in the Qt 5 print dialog (s.a. https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-54464)
  - options for scaling and poster-printing (e.g. printing an A4 document on 4 A4 pages that together form an A2 poster), in particular for Okular

  A contractor is involved for the evaluation and implementation part.
  I'll send you a few more pieces of information by personal email.