D8838: Don't request pixmaps twice when opening okular

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 27 17:50:06 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  > Another option is just pushing the fix for the second problem and not for the first one

  After testing again, "patch w/o timer" now gives "M-D-T", i.e. the last M is not there anymore. I suspected I could find a window size or map area to break it again (as noted before), and indeed, I then got M-D-M-T, which is different to the one from above again…

  For now I'd say your suggestion to only fix the second problem is probably the best we can do for the moment, it improves the situation in some cases at least.

  The cancelling, resize events uncertainty, blank rotated pages and the seldom extra "M"s are most likely best handled in other patches.

INLINE COMMENTS

> generator.cpp:718
>          .arg( req.pageNumber() );
> -    str << qPrintable( s );
> +    str << qPrintable( s ) << req.normalizedRect();
>      return str;

Interesting, how would I get this debug output? (modifying Okular's entries in `kdebugsettings` did not print this line).

Still, this looks a bit like stray debug output, or should this get its own `.arg` explanation?