D8863: Give warnings when the file is modified externally

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 20 09:08:02 UTC 2017

aacid added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8863#169475, @ngraham wrote:

  > > This is in stark contrast to Kate and LibreOffice, where you are allowed to save back to disk:
  >
  > Right, that's what I originally thought this was all about. If the user can't, then this whole interface is almost rubbing salt in the wound: they're informed that they're in a situation they can't escape from and given no good options.

  They are given the option to stop the reload to try to salvage what they can, current status is they are given the option to save and then it breaks, obviously this is better, right?

  > If possible, we should really try to find a way to offer an option to write the working copy in Okular back to disk, overwriting what the other program did.

  This has been happening forever and i don't see a single bug about this, let's please not make a huge deal of what seems to be a real corner case people don't seem to be hitting.