D8863: Give warnings when the file is modified externally

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 17 15:54:06 UTC 2017

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> part.cpp:1720
> +            res = KMessageBox::warningYesNo( widget(),
> +                                             i18n( "You have unsaved modifications and the file has been modified externally since it was opened.<br>Unfortunately that means that we can no longer save it and your changes will be lost.<br>Do you want to continue the reload?" ),
> +                                             i18n( "File changed" ),

How about this?

"There are unsaved changes, but the file has been modified by another program since it was opened.<br>Which version would you like to keep?"

[choices would then be "Keep Okular version" and "Keep externally-modified version"]

> part.cpp:1728
> +            res = KMessageBox::warningYesNo( widget(),
> +                                        i18n( "You have unsaved modifications and the file has been modified externally since it was opened.<br>Unfortunately that means that we can no longer save it and your changes will be lost.<br>Do you want to continue closing the file?" ),
> +                                        i18n( "File changed" ),

How about this?

"There are unsaved changes, but the file has been modified by another program since it was opened.<br>The file can no longer be saved and your changes will be lost.<br>Do you want to continue closing the file?"

> part.cpp:2489
> +                              i18n( "File changed" ),
> +                              i18n( "The file has been modified externally since it was opened, unfortunately that means that we can no longer save it." ) );
> +        return false;

How about this?

"The file has been changed by another program since it was opened, which means it can no longer be saved."