D8642: Rework saving of annotations and form data

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 10 22:48:51 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8642#164520, @lueck wrote:

  > But the second button in the dialog "Close Document" is labeled "Discard" or "No", depending how I close:
  >  Using window Close button first the second button is labeled "No"
  >  Using File->Close (Ctrl+W) the second button is labeled "Discard"
  >  Once I have used File->Close and selected the button "Cancel" in this dialog
  >  the dialog opened with the window Close button has the second button labeled "Discard" now instead of "No"

  Hmh, cannot reproduce. Did you run `make install`? Special env? Exact steps to open the document?

  > The dialog Warning with the option to save as document archive has a field with
  >  one entry "User annotations", what does it mean?

  I agree this might lead to confusion. Not sure what different unsupported features may appear in the list and how this depends on the formats (only spotted annotations and forms in the code), but perhaps it is sufficient to just mention annotations and forms in general in the text and get rid of the cryptic list?

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8642#165611, @michaelweghorn wrote:

  > it might be helpful to add an additional button "Save as" in that dialog as well.
  >  Alternatively (or in addition to that), clarifying the question in the dialog to something like "Do you want to save your changes TO THE DOCUMENT <FILENAME> or discard them?"

  I'd prefer the second option, as upgrading to four buttons just for this special case is kind of ugly. If it works like an editor, it should be consistent in that regard, too.