D6696: Fix cut off text in sidebar header, remove restricted max width

Henrik F. noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 24 16:51:11 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  Thanks for looking at my patch, but I'm not sure I'm understanding you completely here (you didn't state a reason for your preference). How would this fix the header text being cut off and the (seemingly) arbitrary max width restriction? Hardcoding any fixed widths (even with HiDPI scaling in mind) seems wrong.

  Removing the lines, the sidebar adapts its width to the header text. In practice, apart from eliminating visual glitches, only little will change, e.g. for English, both default and minimum sidebar widths are nearly identical (if not a little smaller).