PDFium plugin

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 17 23:26:50 UTC 2017

Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> El dimarts, 17 de gener de 2017, a les 17:30:29 CET, Gilbert Assaf va
> escriure:
>> Hi all,
>
> Hi
>
>> I worked on an okular pdf plugin using pdfium as a backend. At this point it
>> is little more than a “proof-of-concept”. But you can already view simple
>> pdf files.
>>
>> I would like to get some feedback on this: maybe somebody else is already
>> working on an okular pdfium plugin? I am relatively new to KDE and don’t
>> know all the development processes. How do you normally proceed from here
>> on? Reviewboard? A personal branch?
>
> I guess you can create a pdfium_generator branch or something in okular.

Or you can create a separate git repository. We have examples of plugins that
can be compiled as standalone, both in svn (but think about their root
directories as independent):
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/graphics/okular/
and in git (calligra):

https://commits.kde.org/calligra?path=extras/okularodpgenerator
https://commits.kde.org/calligra?path=extras/okularodtgenerator

>> I attached a git patch file, if somebody would like to try it out.
>>
>> A small warning: pdfium only works on x64 and at this point it is basically
>> a mixture of static and shared libraries. So you definitely have to compile
>> it yourself.
>
> Doesn't seem very "user friendly" :/

That's bad indeed; if all libraries can be made static that would be good. But
the limitation on the architectures is a bit strong.

--
Luigi