D7594: Update to synctex 1.19

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 30 06:20:50 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  Only used bugzilla's quicksearch which omits NEEDSINFO bugs, so I missed this (sorry). There doesn't seem do be any new information though. I'll add a link to this review.

  When implementing the patch, I had to decide between the version in the texlive svn and several branches of the github repo. Both are roughly equivalent to the github state if you look at bugfixes and ignore new feature development after TeXLive 2017 (in terms of code, as the actual commit history is totally different). I like that development is opening up, but there is also confusion about branches (see issue #3) and synchronisation with the svn. In the end, distros are shipping from svn, so I used that.

  As mentioned in the summary, we could think about our options for the longterm future. For 17.12 I would suggest to go with the pragmatic approach as outlined in this review request, except you are able to invest much time in a better solution right now. The work of going through the old patches and local commits without patches was needed anyway.