D7382: add markdown support

Julian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 18 22:35:55 UTC 2017

progwolff added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in FindDiscount.cmake:22
> So the library is called discount but installs itself as libmarkdown?
>
> Doesn't it have a pkg-config file?

At least the Arch Linux package (which is called "discount") does not install a pkg-config.

The naming seems a little inconsistent. The library, i.e. the specific implementation of a markdown converter is called "discount". The installed .so is called libmarkdown, which better describes the function it provides.

> aacid wrote in converter.cpp:56
> Have you tried mkd_document so we don't need a temp file?

I played around with this function, but could not get it to work. I'll take a deeper look into the source files of discount tomorrow, to check if we can get rid of the temporary file.

> aacid wrote in hi32-app-okular-md.svg:1
> Did you draw this SVG?

It's taken from here: https://github.com/dcurtis/markdown-mark
Licensed under Creative Commons Zero.