Okular table selection tool

Janis Newton far.jmp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 19:09:01 UTC 2016

Hello!

First of all thanks for Okular its a great program and we use it all the time.  Second, the table selection tool is a great idea and works like a charm.  But...  (ha ha you know there was going to be a but!)

We work with a lot of columned reports (many pages long) and would like to use the table selection tool to copy and paste into LibreOffice Calc.  The great thing is that the TST sees the columns pretty well and we use the mouse to add/merge the one or two it misses.  However, unless you go line by line and mouse click each row, (remember our reports can have hundreds of rows) it will consider the entire selection just one row and paste that selection into just 1 row in Calc.

It seems that each row in the PDF should be a row in Calc.  Okular already knows these are rows, why must I tell use the TST to go line by line telling it what Okular already has divined.  Is there a fix or config for this?

thanks
Janis