[Okular-devel] Patch: page numbering offset

Dmitri Ovodok dmitrio95 at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 2 11:26:51 UTC 2016

Hello everyone!

I have written a patch which allows user to shift page numbering in
document in order to make it corresponding to actual page numbering in
the book or article. This may be useful, for example, if we have a file
with an article somewhere from the middle of the journal, or we have a
scanned book with shifted page numbering. So, I have two questions:
1) Will it be useful for anyone else?
2) If so, I would like to ask for an advice on the patch structure. I
tried to change as little code as possible, but I am not sure that this
is the best solution here. The point is that currently I notify document
observers of document changing (sending
Okular::DocumentObserver::DocumentChanged flag) just in order to reload
the info about page labels. So, a lot of extra job is done by a program.

You may find the patch attached to this letter.

Best regards,
Dmitri Ovodok