Using TabletEvent hiRes positions

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Tue Aug 9 15:47:23 UTC 2016

Hi Martin,

> Since Qt5 hiResGlobalPos() and globalPosF() return the same value, if you
> look at the code. It is also noted in the documentation and hiResGlobalPos()
> is marked as deprecated with a QT_DEPRECATED macro in the header.

so you are saying that it all these methods return highres values now?
Apologies for the hassle, then.  I attach a screenshot for you to see
why I can't see for myself whether your patch degraded the drawing
accuracy.

Note that IIRC the only rationale for the rather lengthy patch introducing
the routeTabletEvent method was that you can use highres positions for the stylus,
and normal-res ones for the mouse.  If they are all the same now that patch
could in principle be reverted.  On the other hand, the tablet events have
more information (like stylus pressure, for example), which may be useful
to have.

Cheers,
Oliver