[Okular-devel] Problems in rendering some PDF files with form buttons.

saheb preet singh saheb.preet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 08:08:27 UTC 2015

On 19 October 2015 at 23:48, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Monday 19 October 2015, a les 17:03:38, saheb preet singh va escriure:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi

Hi,

> Some of the files in okular with form buttons do not open correctly.
> >
> > For example, in this
> > <
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwD5OKoszBXoYmU0dDRrc2VpeHM/view?usp=shari
> > ng> file,
> > when forms are enabled the content of the file is hidden where buttons
> are
> > shown.
> >
> > Also, when there is some image on the button, instead of text the content
> > is hidden behind the button.
> >
> > Can we have transparent buttons as shown in adobe reader, or some
> > translucent effect as in pdf reader embedded with chrome.
>
> Have you checked if the PDF contains some rendering hints that say how the
> buttons should be rendered and maybe we're not obeying those?

I don't have much idea about how to find the rendering hints in a document,
but from what I can see I guess its specified that forms alpha value should
be 0.5.

This <http://ctrlv.in/657475> screenshot shows the object tree of the
document. In the type form xobject ( fm1 ) of the page, the ca value is
shown to be 0.5, which represents the alpha value.

Thanks,
Saheb Preet Singh.