[Okular-devel] GSOC 2015

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun May 10 16:37:19 UTC 2015

El Dissabte, 9 de maig de 2015, a les 21:48:32, saheb preet singh va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> Previously, I had done a small proof of concept for implementing the layers
> list in the left side bar. Okular was crashing on closing the document, for
> some reasons.
>
> Today, I was restructuring and properly implementing the list. I was able
> to populate the list in a list view and enable or disable the layers button
> depending on if they are present in the document. Also, I fixed the
> crashing of the okular in my previous code on closing document.
>
> Here is a screen shot of the work so far:-
>
> http://ctrlv.in/572212
>
> Note:- Layers icon and some styling is still to be done.

Check in oxygen/breeze icon sets, probably someone needed a layer-y icon at
some point

> Now, I have some doubts.
>
> Firstly, where should I show my code. Should I post it on review board as a
> diff or should I wait for the contributor account on kde and commit push my
> code at regular intervals?

As said, push to your own branch in the okular repo. Ideally it'd even make
sense to have various branches per feature, since they seem to be quite
isolated and probably won't need much dependencies between themselves.

> Secondly, I have implemented the layers view directly through subclass of
> QAbstractItemModel ( OptionalContentModel ) provided by the backend to
> render the view. Should I create a layers model as done in case of table of
> content model( TOCModel ) for abstraction between different backends or
> should I assume that each backend or its generator would return me some
> subclass of QAbstractItemModel?

Assuming we'll have an QAbstractItemModel is ok, just make sure you document
clearly the roles, etc. we expect from the model.

Actually the Okular::DocumentSynopsis is a QDomDocument, it happens to be that
XML was all the rage back when we wrote this in early 2000, not really the
best of the ideas i'd say :D