[Okular-devel] Hash instead of file location

E. M. Recio emrecio at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 22:56:23 UTC 2015

So I don't know if this is the right venue, so I apologize in advance.

When I view a PDF file, and I add a bookmark, it writes the updated data
based on file location to the users' local configuration directory. If
you move the file, it loses all of that additional information. I was
wondering if it could be switched to an md5 sum of the file to match the
updated attributes to the file itself. So if I download a file into my
"downloads" folder then move it into a relevant directory, I won't lose
my bookmarks/attributes.

Just floating a balloon... what is the general view?

-e