[Okular-devel] Redrawing the screen due to optional content group changes

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jul 18 14:27:33 UTC 2015

El Divendres, 17 de juliol de 2015, a les 12:52:30, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard va
escriure:
> Forwarding to the list, since I sent my original reply incorrectly...
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jeremy at jeremyms.com
> > wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > [snip]

> >> Trigger the redraw yourself? See Saheeb's branch for optinal content
> >> (origin/gsoc2015_layer_feature), I'd say it probably makes sense for you
> >> base your work on his branch.
> >
> > Thanks, I'll take a look.
> >
> > One other comment: all of the JavaScript support is inherently
> > PDF-specific, but is currently implemented as part of the core without
> > being explicitly tied to the poppler backend.  This seems to add an extra
> > layer of indirection with no purpose.  It would make a lot more sense for
> > the JavaScript implementation to be directly tied to the poppler
> > PDFGenerator.

This is on purpose, imagine in the future we replace the poppler pdfgenerator
with a mupdf based one, or we implement some other format that has a similar
functionality, you don't want to change everything, so having the abstraction
really helps.