[Okular-devel] Pdf files not opening

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Feb 27 23:23:38 UTC 2015

El Divendres, 27 de febrer de 2015, a les 09:58:22, Pulkit Gupta va escriure:
> Hello sir,

We are not a Sir, this is a mailing list where there's lots of people
subscribed.

> I have good knowledge of C++ and Qt, so I wanted to contribute and
> develop Okular.

Great :)

> I was able to build and install Okular from the
> source, but whenever I open it, it is not able to show any pdf files.
> When opening Okular in Command prompt, it shows
>
> okular(8747)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
> KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "okular/Generator"  not found
>
> And when I select a pdf file, it shows
>
> okular(8747)/kdecore (trader): KMimeTypeTrader: couldn't find service
> type "okular/Generator"
> Please ensure that the .desktop file for it is installed; then run
> kbuildsycoca4.
> okular(8747)/okular (app) Okular::Document::openDocument: No plugin
> for mimetype '"application/pdf"'.
>
> I have tried to build and install Okular both in ubuntu and Kubuntu. I
> also ran kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental command, but it didn't help. I
> can see a okularGenerator.desktop file in
> /home/pulkit/Okular/install/share/kde4/servicetypes, but still this
> error comes. Also, if I install Okular from Ubuntu software center or
> from Muon, then that works perfectly well but if I build and install
> it from source, it doesn't work. Please help, I really want to start
> developing for Okular.

Can you attach the summary part of the cmake run? i.e. the parts that say

The following external packages were located on your system.
and
The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
?