[Okular-devel] Bug 330518 - Add configure icon to the annotation toolbar

Fabio D'Urso fabiodurso at hotmail.it
Sat Mar 29 22:04:20 UTC 2014

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 06:50:52 PM Abhijeet Nikam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to start with this bug and solve some more in future.
>
> I have build and compiled okular but the changes I make in the code is
> not reflected as the program launches.
>
> I followed the following steps as recommended:
>
> git clone git://anongit.kde.org/okular
> cd okular
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local ..
> make
> make install
>
> after that I ran
>
> export KDEDIRS=/usr/local:$(kde4-config --prefix); kbuildsycoca4

You should be able to run it as /usr/local/bin/okular. Be sure to run it after
the export+kbuildsycoca4 commands and *in the same shell instance*.

Btw, in order for "make install" to work, I guess you've run it as root.
You can avoid installing to a system-wide folder by just using a
/home/yourname/subfolder instead of /usr/local. Installing to a local folder
is good because you don't risk overwriting files provided by your distro.
The distro-provided system-wide installation and your local one can coexist.

Fabio