[Okular-devel] TextDocument Multithreading

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 17:46:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Dissabte, 21 de setembre de 2013, a les 14:50:50, Jaydeep Solanki va
> escriure:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi
>

> > @Albert,
> > Welcome back :)
>
> Thanks :-)
>

> > As you might be aware GSoC is coming to an end, I want to wrap things up.
> >
> > I have a few days, and I want to finish multi-threading support for ePubs
> > before GSoC ends. I have created a patch, but it crashes sometimes, I'm
> > unable to find a reason to that.
>
> Where's the patch?

Diff attached

File to test on :
link<https://www.dropbox.com/s/x63kkjf8q4h4fdy/Getting%20Gold%20by%20J_C_F_Johnson.epub>

> Do you have a backtrace of the crash?

I have got two different backtraces, using the same ePub

Backtrace 1 : http://paste.kde.org/p0b9a1e1e/

Backtrace 2 : http://paste.kde.org/pa4e31b12/

> What has changed
> since last time we tried to do this?

I have noticed that it only crashes when the epub has an adequate amount of
images. Epubs with no images or 1 or 2 images are less likely to crash. The
more the images the more likely it is to crash.

Now we don't have to guess if it will crash on this file or not.
Considering all this, I have given you an ePub that is most likely to crash
atleast once before completing a round trip (top to bottom & bottom to
top).