[Okular-devel] Struggling with Annotations

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 17:28:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

Guys, as Albert (who was a great helping hand to me) is away, it would be
great if you all can fill in :)

Problem : Unable to position video widget.

Here's what we know till now :

   - As epubs use TextDocuments, in core/textdocumentgenerator.cpp there's
   a signal named addAnnotation(annot, startCursorPos, endCursorPos). It adds
   the annotations, but I'm not sure if startCursorPos & endCursorPos is of
   any use. I tried out some experiments and it resulted that no matter what
   positions I give it renders the annotation the same place. ( I even tried
   it with line annotation )
   - So, the cursor positions aren't helpful
   - Next what comes to mind is
   MovieAnnotation::setBoundingRectangle(NormalizedRect), I don't know why but
   this too doesn't work.
   - Also I always have to specify the video size to the video widget
   otherwise the video widget takes up the whole page, which is not too big
   problem, it can be fixed.
   - Despite of whatever I do the video widget is stuck at (0,0) with a
   fixed size.

I tried to read all the code and figure it out myself, but it's a lot to
digest for me.

Also it always requires me a huge amount of time to understand someone
else's code.

Here's a link <https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg07jr0kolzn6u0/videoEpub.epub> to
an epub containing video.

*Any help is appreciated.*