[Okular-devel] Printable area/Shrink to fit/Margin cut off issues, need help choosing an issue for freedom sponsors bounty

Bernard Gray bernard.gray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 22:43:57 UTC 2013

On 30 October 2013 07:27, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Dimecres, 23 d'octubre de 2013, a les 08:51:50, Bernard Gray va escriure:
>> Hi Albert,
>> Thanks for the quick response -
>>
>> On 23 October 2013 04:19, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>> > El Dimarts, 22 d'octubre de 2013, a les 16:42:42, Bernard Gray va
> escriure:

>> > I've actually wanted to fix this for a while since my new printer also is
>> > somewhat stupid and can't print correctly in the whole page, but was never
>> > very worried since i don't print much, now that you tell me 170 people are
>> > going to use this I had a quick look and the patch seems "reasonably
>> > easy".
>> >
>> > So unless someone around wants to do it *now* I'll try to find time in one
>> > week time (I'm a bit busy at the moment) and code the fix. Instead giving
>> > me the money you donate it to KDE itself via
>> > http://kde.org/community/donations/
>> >
>> > How does that sound?
>>
>> That sounds excellent! 1 week is a good turnaround - I'll need to
>> backport it to my current version also, but I don't know how big a job
>> this will be and will likely be back shortly after with a request for
>> assistance (just warning) :-)
>
> Please have a look at
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=okular.git&a=commit&h=5a1afc51e3bbe78cf9af2870ae41bf2eb79e7a64
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

Hi Albert,

Backported, tested, confirmed working - in the unlikely case someone
else is looking for an ubuntu 12.10 quantal backport for this bugfix,
32/64 bit packages/debian-ised source/patch etc can be downloaded
here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9alWVS6_yz4dWhDWTlPem80WmM/edit?usp=sharing

I'll arrange the donation later today - thanks again for the excellent
service :-)

Bernie