[Okular-devel] how to get images from pdf files?

Haidong Tang thd.thu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 06:12:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm testing some functionalities on Okular and currently I'm working on
getting images from a pdf files. I tried to use requestPixmaps( const
QLinkedList<PixmapRequest*> &requests ) in the class Document to request
image asynchronously and then use _o_nearestPixmap to get the images when
they are ready. However, the images I got by using this method are not
really what I want. This method may give me an image of the whole page, but
actually I'm only interested in those intrinsic images embedded in a page,
not a whole page converted into a image. Am I using the wrong function for
this task? Are there other more proper functions for my task? Thanks!