[Okular-devel] Branch 'epub-qtextdoc' review

Fabio D'Urso fabiodurso at hotmail.it
Tue Jun 25 14:09:49 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 06:32:52 PM Jaydeep Solanki wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Fabio D'Urso <fabiodurso at hotmail.it> wrote:
> > On Monday, June 24, 2013 11:57:35 PM Jaydeep Solanki wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > I have put together some of my work, in a branch named 'epub-qtextdoc'.
> > >
> > > It would be really nice if you can review it.
> >
> > Hi Jaydeep,
> >
> > I've never worked on epubs, therefore I can't really comment on your code.
> >
> > I noticed that there are some indentation changes in your patch "epub
> > change
> > document loading method" that affect code that would otherwise be
> > unaffected.
> > Such changes make diffs unnecessarily long and harder to read, because
> > it's
> > not clear what code has been changed or not (and they also confuse git's
> > history tracking).
> >
> > Sorry again for not being able to review the actual code,
>
> I agree with you, on this.
> The file was previously using indentation of width 2, & I used width 4.
> Would it be a good idea to push another commit with indent width 2
> ? because again it will create diff, that has indentation change.
> Or Albert can just kill the branch, & I'll push it again, with indent width
> 2 + some documentation, for making it easier to read.

Have you tried git push -f?
 1. Do your chages and git add them
 2. git commit --amend
 3. git push -f origin epub-qtextdoc

git push -f lets you "rewrite history" and change already-pushed commits.
As a side effect, it causes other people's git clones to stop tracking your
changes automatically, therefore it's generally better to avoid it.
But I think this case is worth an exception.

Note: git push -f might be blocked by server policies, in which case you'll
get an error at step three and nothing will be pushed.

Fabio