[Okular-devel] Epub qtextdocument high cpu usage

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 14:59:37 UTC 2013

Hello,
As I was finding it difficult to make progress using webkit to render epub,
I spent some time experimenting around with QTextDocument.
A small patch is attached which fixes the issues with the body tag (eg :
background color).

It works fine with me, the only issue I'm facing is that it gives a high
cpu usage, which leads to lag while scrolling fast.

I'm not getting the reason behind its high cpu usage.

If you want me to create a review request, I'll do it.

Cheers,
Jaydeep