[Okular-devel] How to "fix" review/annotation setting?

Marius Hofert marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 31 23:07:22 UTC 2013

> El Dijous, 1 de novembre de 2012, a les 22:38:31, Marius Hofert va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am a very happy Okular 0.15.2 user (KDE 4.9.2; under Ubuntu 12.10). I
> > recently started using the "review" option for annotations. I typically
> > mostly use the black underlining (press 8). It is quite annoying having to
> > activate (by pressing 8) the underlining tool with each sentence one has to
> > underline.
>
> Double click on it.
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

Hi Albert,

Well, that's certainly not satisfying, pressing a key is by far faster than
using the mouse. Also, you'd have to move the mouse back for creating the next
annotation. And this with every piece of annotation you create...

Programmatically, I don't see any reason not to adopt my suggestion and create a
setting which switches on a certain review (like "underlining") until it is
switched off (the button hit again, for example). This is "standard" in any kind
of software I am aware of (take, for example, gimp and select a drawing
tool... you wouldn't like having to select the brush with any line you draw, right?)

Cheers,

Marius