[Okular-devel] Is there any possibility to have okular run on android?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Jan 17 22:28:48 UTC 2013

El Dijous, 17 de gener de 2013, a les 19:21:20, Cloud Han va escriure:
> Will it be a official port? Is it possible to port this powerful tool to
> android?

It is possible, but it will be hard, you need to get kdelibs running on
android and then make a different interface since the default one is not touch
oriented (or use the active one, that'd probably be fine)

kdelibs is "kind of" running in Android since Aleix got KAlgebra running on it
http://www.proli.net/2012/04/24/kalgebra-on-android/

> If I want to that, what basic skill should I have and how can I do
> it ?

You need lots of skills :D It's not a typical newbie job, but if you are
interested go for it. I'd start getting necessitas (qt on android) and then
try to get some simple program using kdelibs and then try to run the Okular or
Okular-active on android

Good luck :-)