[Okular-devel] Txt backend for okular, for plain text files.

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Feb 12 23:06:04 UTC 2013

El Dilluns, 11 de febrer de 2013, a les 11:14:33, Azat Khuzhin va escriure:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El Diumenge, 10 de febrer de 2013, a les 21:34:35, Azat Khuzhin va
escriure:
> >> Hi all,
> >
> > Hi
> >
> >> I write simple plain text backend for okular.
> >> https://github.com/azat/okular/tree/add-txt-support
> >
> > To be honest i don't see what benefit a plain text backend for okular has,
> > but I'm not going to try to stop you :-)
>
> I use okular to read books, and I have one book in plaintext format,
> but kate doesn't the best choice to read books, so I start
> implementing this backend.

Makes sense, do you have a screenshot we can see how it is looking like?

One of the things i think you'll need to implement is a font selector, no? So
you can change font size, etc. That's one of the things we've been needing for
lots of other "text based" formats, so it'd be cool to get globally :-)

> >> I will support this backend until bringing it to a normal state.
> >> It means I will resolv many TODO's in this code, that I left, and do
> >> some refactoring.
> >>
> >> And after some fixes, from time to time, to this backed will write
> >> email to this mail list that new version is available.
> >>
> >> It will be great if this backend can be merged to upstream, for
> >> everybody.
> >> So if anybody can tell what must be fixed before merging to upstream,
> >> I will do it as soon as I can.
> >>
> >> Patch available here
> >> https://github.com/azat/okular/compare/master...add-txt-support.patch
> >>
> >> Graphic view available here
> >> https://github.com/azat/okular/compare/master...add-txt-support
> >
> > Any reason this is happening in github instead of in git.kde.org? You'll
> > probably get more help/visibility if in git.kde.org than in github
>
> I use github for open source development.
> It doesn't take much to push to git.kde.org too.
>
> I'v registered at identity.kde.org and now I have git.kde.org account.
> But I don't know how can I create repository there.
> Could you help me with this?

Sadly you can't, you need a "contributor account" and for that there is a
requirement you have contributed some patches before getting the account, so i
guess for now you'll still need to be in github, sorry for the incorrect
information :-/