[Okular-devel] Building Okular

Firiuz Abdillah abdillah96bu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 04:53:27 UTC 2013

On 12/25/13, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:
> написане Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:14:34 +0200, Firiuz Abdillah
> <abdillah96bu at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm going to learn about Okular. This is my first time building KDE
>> Apps, especially using cmake. Steps I have taken:
>> 1. I downloaded source from annongit latest commit and also from
>> launchpad mature source package of Okular.
>> 2. I goto src/build and run "cmake .." but failed on file
>> audioplayer.cpp (displaying moc file of the same name).
>>
>> Well, I want to ask, what should I set up before build KDE apps on my
>> machine (Ubuntu 13.10 64bit)?
>>
>> Need guide, all help appreciated.
>
> Hi,
>
> It seems that Okular is not compilable with Qt 5/KDE Frameworks yet (you
> can help to make it real).
>
> Please install Qt 4 development packages and compile Okular with them.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri

@Yuri : Good, it's compiled! Thanks for the help. It's true, okular
compiled properly using qt4.
@Albert : (I'm not receiving your answer email but I saw it on
okular-dev-archieve) Yes, I try that way. Thanks for the help.

For everyone want to know. This is what I did.
1. Install libqt4-dev : sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev
2. export PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin:$PATH
Get qt4 path from qmake-qt4 -query
3. cmake .. -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake
4. make
5. sudo checkinstall

Regard,

Abdillah